Schedule a talk with one of our advisors to learn more about Summitry and how we can help you get a foothold on your financial life.
Join an acclaimed and collegial 30+ person firm, on its way to becoming the most admired wealth management firm, serving high-net-worth individuals in the Bay Area. Summitry combines comprehensive financial planning and institutional-grade investment management to secure better futures for our clients.
A Financial Planning Associate (FPA) supports Financial Advisors in serving existing clients. An FPA must have strong critical-thinking skills and work well within and across teams. A qualified candidate is a clear communicator, detail-oriented, organized, has a high degree of follow-through, handles multiple tasks efficiently, and thrives in a fast-paced working environment where every day is different.
- Input data into financial planning software and develops initial planning recommendations during sales phase, onboarding, and ongoing maintenance of client relationships
- Is responsible for all aspects of pre-client meeting activities (such as scheduling meetings and preparing meeting agendas and client portfolio presentations) as well as post-client meeting tasks (such as processing client meeting notes, entering data into the database, and setting tasks for client requests)
- Provide dedicated support to Financial Advisors through collaboration and organization
- Lead smaller client relationships and provides client service calls
- 1-2 years of financial planning/para-planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP® or FPQP® designation (or attained within 1-2 years of joining the firm)
- Highly proficient in MS Office; experience with eMoney, and Tamarac/AdvisorView/other CRM a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive contributing team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on projects effectively
- Must have mode of transportation for travel (prospect/client meetings)
- Salary based on experience
- Company profit-sharing plan (eligible after 6 months of employment plus 1 full quarter) and quarterly
bonus based on successfully completing planning/service metrics
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account, and 401K plan