Schedule a talk with one of our advisors to learn more about Summitry and how we can help you get a foothold on your financial life.
Join an acclaimed and collegial 30+ person firm, on its way to becoming the most admired wealth management firm, serving high-net-worth individuals in the Bay Area. Summitry combines comprehensive financial planning and institutional-grade investment management to secure better futures for our clients.
Senior Financial Advisors (SFAs) are the primary managers of the client relationship. SFAs are responsible for managing existing client relationships, and formulating and implementing advice, but may also rely on Portfolio Managers, Partners and peer advisors to develop recommendations. SFAs are expected to partner with the business development team and develop new client and COI relationships. SFAs also lead other financial advisors and associates in client service delivery.
- Foster new client relationships and drive growth through existing client relationships, and in partnership with professional networks and the firm’s Business Development team
- Build, deepen, and retain relationships by providing comprehensive financial planning and a high-quality client experience in all interactions
- Serve as a primary liaison between client and Portfolio Management team
- Obtain and review clients’ investment goals, time horizons and tolerance for market volatility
- With the support of a Financial Advisor and Financial Planning Associate (para-planner), finalize financial plans designed to help clients achieve their goals, hold client meetings, and execute follow-up items
- Mentor teammates, help establish priorities, and ensure the quality of others’ work
- Proven ability to cultivate strong relationships with HNW clients, prospects, and business partners
- Minimum of 10 years within the financial services industry with relationship management and business development experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP required
- CFA, CPA, EA, MSA, JD a plus
- Highly proficient in MS Office; experience with eMoney, and Tamarac/AdvisorView/other CRM a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive contributing team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a mode of transportation for travel (prospect/client meetings)
- Salary based on experience
- Company profit-sharing plan (eligible after 6 months of employment plus 1 full quarter) and quarterly bonus based on successfully completing planning/service metrics
- Incentive compensation on new assets (in partnership with business development and referrals from existing clients and COIs)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account, and 401K plan