Schedule a talk with one of our advisors to learn more about Summitry and how we can help you get a foothold on your financial life.
Join an acclaimed and collegial, 30+ person firm on its way to becoming the most admired wealth management firm serving high-net-worth individuals in the Bay Area. Summitry combines comprehensive financial planning and institutional-grade investment management to secure better futures for our clients.
Financial Advisors (FAs) are the primary managers of the client relationship. FAs are responsible for managing existing client relationships and formulating and implementing advice, but may also partner with Portfolio Managers, Partners, and Senior Financial Advisors to develop recommendations. FAs are expected to partner with the Business Development team and develop new client and COI relationships. FAs also lead Financial Planning Associates in client service delivery.
- Build, deepen, and retain relationships by providing comprehensive financial planning and a high quality client experience in all interactions
- Serve as a primary liaison between client and Portfolio Management team
- Obtain and review clients’ investment goals, time horizons and tolerance for market volatility
- With the support of a Financial Planning Associate (para-planner), produce, present, and review/update financial plans designed to help clients achieve their goals
- Schedule, prepare, hold and execute on follow up items for all client meetings
- Foster new client relationships and drive growth primarily through existing client relationships, and in
- partnership with professional networks and the firm’s Business Development team
- Work experience: a minimum of 3 years providing advisory services in a client facing role and at least 1 year of comprehensive financial planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP Preferred or CPA, EA, Masters in Accounting, JD (with the expectation of attaining CFP within 1 year of joining the firm)
- Highly proficient in MS Office; experience with eMoney, and Tamarac/AdvisorView/other CRM a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive contributing team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Salary based on experience
- Company profit-sharing plan (eligible after 6 months of employment plus 1 full quarter) and quarterly bonus based on successfully completing planning/service metrics
- Incentive compensation on new assets (in partnership with business development and referrals from existing clients and COIs)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account, and 401K plan